Have you ever dreamed of building your kingdom, earning vast riches, and having an army of heroes to slaughter monsters? If so, you will want to check out the Castles game from the Metasource team on the WAX Blockchain. What is the Metasource Castles NFT Game?
The Castles game is an NFT-based medieval land ownership, building wealth, influence, and glory on the WAX blockchain. As a player, you will merge lands, build limited wonders, and gear up your heroes to build the largest kingdom possible.
We have created this article to help you better understand the game and overall gameplay. This article will also explain the tokenomics for this project and the future roadmap so you can clearly decide if this is the right game for you.
What is The MetaSource Castles NFT Game?
Players can build their Castles, take part in our limited crafting events, dominate the dungeons with epic heroes and grow their kingdom!
Metasource Castles has the following features:
- Crafting new lands in their scarcity-based ecosystem
- Upgrading lands by merging up to a castle
- Upgrading lands to a Castle for extra daily rewards called Royal Seals
- Limited time Crafting events that build onto each other
- Racing against other players to craft scarcity-based NFTs before time or supply runs out
- Wonders are an exciting way for players to gain ownership of the in-game economy
- An epic dungeon system that is coming soon
This is just the game; they also have a very active community and a team that is focused on the long-term approach of the game.
The current state of Castles has two active tokens; MetaSource (msource) and RuneSource (rsource). A third token (tsource) will be introduced with the Dungeon Expansion.
This token is primarily used to build your kingdom by funding your land merges and rejuvenating your lumberjacks. Plus, additional limited-time functions like crafting lumberjacks and crafting one of the hero pack fragments.
The primary source of the metasource token is generated through your lands. Each type of land will generate the player a certain amount of msource per hour, ranging from 10 to 2430 tokens.
The rsource token is relatively new to the game and will be used in the dungeon expansion to boost the player’s ability to get higher-tier rewards and gear. Similar to msource, rsource will be used for limited-time events like crafting the second hero pack fragment
Players can get rsource in three different ways.
- Passively through the Explorers’ Guild
- As an additional reward when crafting Explorer and Seafarer packs
- It’s a surprise; the third way will be announced closer to the dungeon expansion launch
Tsources will be used within the dungeon to restore stamina so you can run more quests each day, and it earned as rewards from the dungeon quests. More to come on this token.
In addition to these three tokens, players will have tokens related to the crafting events like lumber, fine wood, and other that have not been introduced yet.
Key Burning Mechanics
The Castles NFT games have a number of burning mechanics which are essential for having a stable economy.
- Land Merging – Players need to burn increasing amounts of msource each time they merge lands
- Recharging Crafters, Barons, and Castles – After seven charges, players will need to use resources to recharge their different crafters and castles.
- Limited Time Events – Resources and tokens are needed for crafting events and other limited-time events
- Higher Rarity Monsters and Rewards – Rsources will be used for a better chance of getting higher tier monsters and rewards in the dungeons
- Replenish Stamina – Heroes will burn tsource to regain stamina for dungeon quests
- Much more – There are many other opportunities for players to use tokens, resources, and royal seals
What is the Gameplay Like?
Game Link – https://castlesnft.io/
Gameplay is more than just a click-to-earn game that you typically find on the WAX blockchain. Here is a great video to show you how the game looks and the overall gameplay
What is Next for the Castles Project?
The Metasource team continues to develop more items for the roadmap. The land-based game and initial crafting events are complete.
A massive dungeon expansion is currently in the works, adding a whole new dynamic to the game. Here is a video that explains the dungeon expansion and what they have planned for the near future.
Does Castles have Free To Play?
Yes, in mid-August 2022 the Castles team launched the Royal Banquet expansion, which is Free to Play. This expansion includes rewards every 8 hours, powerups for your squire, and awesome seasonal rewards that can be used for the main part of the game.
The Royal Banquet expansion is a great option for any new player to play to earn and anyone interested in the Metasource castles game.
Check out this video for our gameplay review:
What is the Community Like?
The Metasource community is active and helpful, with the development team and mods regularly jumping onto the discord to talk to players. The team also has regular AMAs and events or randomly jumps onto streams to keep the line of communication open.
If the team is not available, other players are willing to jump in to help with questions or issues. I find it to be one of the better communities on WAX.
Metasource Castles NFT Game Recap
Overall, I think the Metasource Castles game is one of the top games on wax. When I did my rankings in June 2022, I had it as my personal #1 game, not just currently but potentially through the end of 2022 and beyond.
It has a rare combination of unique game mechanics focused on the long-term lifespan of the game. In addition, it has a great community, regular events, and solid tokenomics!
Last Updated on August 19, 2022
Warrior Lion Gaming and our team are NOT operating as financial advisors, so make sure to always do your own research before jumping into any games. You need to take responsibility for your own decisions and make sure the project is right for you and your situation. Thank you!